03-02-2014, 09:47 AM   #5
Ingeniator
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 335XI(90) 09 135I(82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debacle of Mass Eruption. View Post
My e90 335i, that I just bought last november, started leaking coolant about a month ago. The light came on, I put coolant as directed. It came on again a week later, followed by vapor coming from under the hood. *SCARY SHIT*
Anyway, I went to a local shop in Mountain View and they told me It might be a head gasket leak. *SCARIER SHIT* They told me they weren't sure enough, so I should take to a "little shop down the road" that specialized in these types of cars, Dinan. The nice folks at Dinan checked my car and said my car had no coolant pressure.
After a full day with my car they told me the rear turbo had a leak, 2 water feed pipes and a return pipe. No big deal right? WRONG. The whole engine and tranny had to be pulled to change those pipes. (The price made my face pale and my stomach to ache.) I worked 12-hour days to buy this car and still do, I'm nowhere near raising the money they want.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Does anyone know any shops in the Bay Area that would give me a fair price for this repair?
Hope to hear from ANYONE on this matter, I can't drive my project car to work much longer...
So are they the coolant supply and return lines to the turbos? See the RealOEM link. I wouldn't think you would have to pull anything beyond the normal stuff to get at the turbos. Even if it was the water pump you don't need to pull the motor. Dinan repair bills look like their performance part bills. A lot of dollars and not much sense.
09 135I M (VK80379) 6MT. Race Project car. 1) Install Cobb/piggyback? and Motiv 600 Kit[HTA3076R w/ tial .82] 2) JRZ or Moton suspension. 3) Build high flow intake manifold with multi-port fuel and relocate OFH 4) Build full cage 5) Complete staged twin setup with HTA4205R [w/Tial 1.16] 6) Complete dry sump system
Appreciate 0