View Single Post
      10-14-2020, 09:09 AM   #18
jonoaskew
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndi335I View Post
Share pictures when you have a moment. Actually considering one too on a 18 or 19. I actually like the dash more but am used to the updated digital one. Choice between this and the G80 next year but want to see in person before final decision.
Will do! I'm coming from an M2 to this, so should be a reasonable step up. They have just started to fall into affordability for me and seems a good time to get some 4WD action for the winter as the M2 is all but useless when the temps drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod1980 View Post
I'm about 22K miles into my M5C, still love it and drive "enthusiastically" almost everyday A suggestion I would say is at the miles you're looking at, likely the car's tires would have been replaced. I'm not a fan of the Pirellis the car comes with and would suggest you look for one with Michelins. Only issue I had was the car turning off after a cold start in the morning once or twice a week (has been written and commented on the forum many times). It has to do with the fuel pump under the rear seat. I had it replaced (under warranty) early on my ownership and never had an issue since.
Haha funny because it was the first thing I checked. They are Michelin PS4's and plenty of life in them. Will keep an eye out for that as I've still a year warranty left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegelein View Post
Just so your due diligence in research, car fax, requesting service history, etc. You are really not buying a old car of concern here. The stock brakes will squeak, unless you change the pads. Typical service issues are passenger restraint failure, due to moisture buildup throwing off sensor.
Based in the UK so don't get Car Fax, but I've seen service history and no advisories from either of the two it's had. I actually test drove one where the breaks were squeaking, so might look at getting the pads done if this is the case.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Appreciate 0