05-23-2020, 03:28 PM   #3
alpinewhite3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Currently searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiveyCJ View Post
I live in PA, my last couple of cars I had separate summer and winter wheels/tires but they don't fit on my M340i. I don't want to buy another set of separate wheels/tires and deal with swapping them back and forth so I got the all season performance which only come in run-flat, already planning to switch to Pilot Sport A/S 3+ or Continental ExtremeContact DWS when they wear out. The car came with lame Michellin Turanza LS100 A "grand touring" tires, I was completely shocked BMW would put such average tires on a M340i. TireRack only had 2 reviews on the tires, both bad, and both from M340i owners. And even worse these tires cost more than the Pilot Sport or DWS, at least for end consumers.

I'm not sure I want to keep these tires until they wear out, any suggestions for possibly selling these OEM tires other than eBay?

thanks
I'm assuming you meant Bridgestone Turanza? Horrible tire. My 330i RWD came with all season grand touring H rated Pirelli P7 cinturato run flats that were just about bald at 12,000 miles. Also, horrible. The stock chassis overwhelms them in normal driving.

I really want to know the thought process involved in making these decisions. I can understand the liability concerns of putting summer tires on a x-drive vehicle but there are MUCH better all season options available. Rwd vehicles need to come with stickier rubber standard. Heck even give me an all season performance tire such as the A/S 3+. To add insult to injury, the horrible standard pirelli's wore out quicker than Michelin pilot summer tires would have.

My friend's Kia Forte GT came with Michelin PS4's.
2006 E90 330i RWD
2002 E46 330i RWD

Last edited by alpinewhite3; 05-23-2020 at 03:39 PM..
Appreciate 2
EXE462100.00