View Single Post
      07-10-2017, 11:04 PM   #29
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
Very interesting. I had a similar experience when in my early 20's. A coworker claimed his 100+ year old house was haunted. Being an interested skeptic I asked him to let me spend a night or two on his couch. First night we are in his living room watching Friday the 13th and I make a remark like "where's your ghost at Bob?" and immediately his television turns off for no reason and then his German Shepard exited the room very quickly. That tripped me out but I spent the night anyway. About 2 am I awoke with a massive pressure on my chest. Like someone had just sat down on me. Couldn't see anything but I couldn't move for about a minute. Thrn it disappeared as if nothing happened. I got out of dodge immediately and never went back. My friends said sleep paralysis but it's never happened again in the 25 years since so I am not sold on that explanation.
I would say that your experience while sleeping was likely a result of sleep paralysis, though researchers don't seem to quite know what causes the hallucinations while being paralyzed. A typical symptom of sleep paralysis is difficulty breathing which could explain the heavy chest feeling. I've experienced something similar as well where I was sleeping then it felt like I woke up, but I wasn't able to move. I was heavily breathing, and noticed an extremely dark figure near the door way which began rushing towards my bed. I woke up screaming at the top of my lungs. Strangely, my girlfriend was sleeping with me at the time and she had the same experience. Sleep paralysis is a major reason why I refuse to practice lucid dreaming.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50