Thread: Rear sway only
View Single Post
      08-13-2007, 08:17 PM   #7
Orb
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335

Yup pushes like a bitch. Nothing worse than taking a moderate speed sweeper and you can feel the front tires feathering/pushing while at the same time the ass end rolls over and get lose as hell. Not much you can do but drift or come out a wide which typically gives me white knuckles when there a cement barrier in the way. I did install H&R front and rear sway bars as my first upgrade. It made a huge difference and the car is very close to being perfectly balanced with a hint of under steer. I wished i did this alot sooner.

As for UUC bar there is nothing wrong with them. Just did want to deal with poor executing on there part although minor. One being the Delrin sleeves are not a good solution for wet environments and will not last and need re lubing yearly. Two, the rear sway bar should have come with adjustable links as you can’t set it mid way without preloading the bar which is complete BS and not acceptable.

Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegemony View Post
I agree with the "Pushes like a Biotch" (tm) crowd. It does. I'm not sure what cars the magazines were driving, but it wasn't a stock 335.

I did suspension, front and rear sways and a corner balance all at the same time, so I can't comment on doing the rear sway only, but it definitely needs something. I'm also road coursing, not autocrossing. I've also gone up in tire size, but kept the stock level of stagger. Corner balance makes a huge difference imo.

I got the UUC sways because they are adjustable and have been pleased thus far. Orb felt differently about the set he ordered. Might want to read his review before purchasing.
Appreciate 0