Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmostro View Post
I am posting up in case others have noticed this with their LCI cars, or even better, have knowledge to be able to answer the underlying question. As I've heard from a couple people, one a BMW coder, that the archaic US regulation that has prevented us from enjoying the dynamic "tunneling" LED headlights is changing or may have already gone into effect in October. I was advised that before I pay someone to code this capability back into my car, to check if my dealer can do it themselves through a SW update.

Now, the other night, I turned on auto-high beams for the first time, and immediately noticed behavior that looked to me very much like tunneling as cars passed me by. I've never owned a car with this feature before so I'm not 100% confident in my interpretation of what I saw.

Do others know if this is a feature that's now already enabled from the factory on cars produced after October? Or perhaps if the new SW package addressing the tank ventilation recall also includes this new capability? That would sure be a nice Easter egg!

-Ash
Quote:
Originally Posted by somer View Post
lemetier

It's not impossible some enabled cars made it through the checks, but it's more likely the adaptive vertical low beam cutoff is more noticeable with the pixel led. FMVSS 108 was slated for deregulation this past October, however the publication into the Federal Register has not yet occurred and may not be done until after the new administration is sworn in.
Attached Images

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0