02-23-2023, 03:47 PM   #162
DavidXJ
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas387 View Post
Thanks! I've been eyeing up some of those carbon goodies as well, but I think my wife might disown me, so mine will stay as it is for now.

I actually might have gone for a different colour but managed to find a cracking deal on this one. I wondered if the MBB would be too loud for me, but I was almost speechless when I saw it. I can't stop looking out of the window at it.

Couldn't agree more with you and RichF90M5C that MMB is the supremely flattering F90 colour, biased as of course I unashamedly am... Congrats on the new beast, in any case. I made a similar journey to you, coming from a Tanzanite M340i: the step up in power, agility, precision, chassis dynamism, and all-round aura is just astonishing. And yes, the cold starts (and warm restarts) are a symphony to behold! Just make sure you plug in Sport + on either the M1 or M2 presets and engage that before you press the ignition: that way you'll get the full exhaust bark (small, quotidian pleasures, admittedly; but worth it all the same, even if you'll inevitably draw attention from bystanders and/or neighbours).

Speaking of attention: yes, MMB really does attract an audience. I was to-ing and fro-ing between that and Donington Grey, which has a lovely glow to it in the sun. But in the end, MMB affords a zesty and charismatic lift to what is otherwise, as we all know, quite a restrained design for this M5. I've never had so many compliments, all the way from your M-aficionado and to a casual passersby. And what's more, it really is substantially easier to maintain than Tanzanite, which I found to be a spectacularly transformative colour in the sun, but a real chore to keep in shape during rainy months (and indeed in pollen season too). I'm still washing mine weekly, of course--there's no way back...!

Enjoy,

D

Previous:
G20 M340i
G20 330i M Sport
Appreciate 4
F30Andy1774.00
RichF90M5C1630.50
Jas387200.50