ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRob View Post
Now got me wondering if I’ve got something wrong, too high expectations, or just a lack of awareness (which could definitely be the case.) I can’t say like Reslp or others that I feel such a night and day difference either. It feels fast with and without, It also might be I’m just not pushing it to the limit for the ROI maybe? But for sake of rule out, how do I tell if I’ve damaged the harness?
Perhaps everyone’s perceptions of speed/being fast is different. But, as you said, I can definitely feel it. Was your unit purchased brand new?

For what it’s worth, the harness damage was not because of an issue with the unit. It was me that accidentally caused the damage, despite being super careful. Sometimes you can see when a wire is pulled out in the harness, but in my case I could not. RC in Germany ended up having to diagnose it, and I am confident that they were correct since I got that “feeling” it gives again once installing with the new harness.

I should also note that, for me, where I felt the difference was in acceleration, and not really anywhere else. Dragy has confirmed that it shaved a few tenths of a second off 0-60 (with and without 1 foot rollout) when I tested it in nearly identical conditions (including DA, ambient temperature, warm up time allowed, and amount of the fuel in the car).

Also, are you set to Map 7? Have you confirmed this by checking the display on the RC itself after turning the car on?