View Single Post
      11-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #17
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleckzandr View Post
Thanks! Yea, those are a set of 19" BMW style 230s (offered as OEM at one point) that I bought used. (Also bought the brakes used.) You know the only thing going for those wheels though are looks, they are heavy and don't ride nearly as nice as 18s. I have to be careful driving around the street with those. Pic was taken with -2.8d up front, -2d back.

AJ, "excessive" and "acceptable" are subjective I guess. I have 1/8 toe in, maybe even a little less, so I believe I get acceptable wear. I have more wear on the outside shoulder from, um, turning "spiritidly" and I can also rotate all four. So I even drive winter at -2.8d. I only drive maybe 500 miles all winter, so that probably has an affect on "acceptable". Vorshlags do make some noise and add some discomfort. My car sounds like a truck from inside too because I removed the head cover and the "tray" (for heat evacuation and because I got lazy - I change my brake fluid a lot). As long as it's acceptable to my wife, it's acceptable to me.
Thanks for the comments and quick reply. Really like the looks of that, same color as my car though I have black interior. I live in Pagosa Springs on a dirt road, even the paved roads out here are terrible. I would need back surgery with your set up in a week.

I wish I lived near a track like you guys do but I would not like the front range craziness.

What kind of brakes are those anyway, at first glance I thought you just painted the calipers.
Appreciate 0