View Single Post
      07-04-2015, 06:40 PM   #78
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipMPower View Post
There is one problem Scott. The eDrive model and the M550d wont be as good as the M5 simply because they arent built by M division. Dynamically both cars wont be even close to the M5, and everyone knows this. The second problem is the V8. Please dont give us the same S63 AGAIN. I drove the X6M for a couple of months and wasnt really glad to know that the M5 would have the same engine. I did buy myself the M6 and I like the engine eventhough it has small but noticable turbo lag low in the rev range, especially in 2-3 gear. But I cant accept that the next generation, the NEW generation uses the same old displacement and engine. It would crush the exclusivity of the M5. Tell me, is it a new V8 or a reworked S63?
The M550d has opened a very lucrative position in the market especially markets that have huge tax penalties in regards to high performance cars.
The M550d is an M Performance vehicle it was developed by BMW M. Therefore its praise and abilities are entirely relevant to BMW M.
They conceived and brought to the market a performance car that is not only powered by the most preferred choice of European customers ie Diesel.
But also through innovation made the engine stand out significantly through innovation, performance and efficiency but brought out a car that was a reaction to what several markets were looking for.
The next 550d continues this chapter with further innovation with a reworked six cylinder diesel.

The 550e is the alternative to the alternative again Performance with efficiency.
It is the first of many Power eDrive models to showcase that BMW can make the alternative a true BMW when it comes to power and performance but from so little.

The next M5 I am not familiar with. But I do know there is excitement at Garching. Excitement because they have a very good weight balance to begin with by the use of the Carbon Core. The engine will be the reworked V8 but although I do not know the specification. I do know that it will be the most innovative M5 model yet and that the engine will be a major source for this innovation to be showcased. As will the body of the car itself,we will see some interesting application to this new M5.