View Single Post
      09-02-2022, 08:01 AM   #29
adolzero
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F90 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafichicago View Post
Thank you everyone for taking time to reply. My main problem is that I don't seem to have enough clearance to remove strut from its mounting that is attached to the lower control arm. Since this suspension is all new to me. Seems like I have to pull the whole thing downwards much more than I would think is safe to do. That's my main concern. I've tried pulling quite hard but I don't seem to be having enough clearance. I am trying to avoid axle shaft from falling out damaging the boot. Looks like I will need to pull on the whole thing harder to remove the damn strut. I was wondering if unbolting lower control arm, that strut bracket is bolted to from subframe will help in getting clearance I need and not completely ruin alignment. It seems like even when pulling hard I still need another inch or so to remove bracket from strut. I will be busy today so I will probably start working on it this Saturday. Rear ones were replaced already and my wife have already driven the car. She says that it remained stiff but in a different more pleasant way the tears are what felt like being not dialed in the best by bmw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafichicago View Post
Thank you everyone for taking time to reply. My main problem is that I don't seem to have enough clearance to remove strut from its mounting that is attached to the lower control arm. Since this suspension is all new to me. Seems like I have to pull the whole thing downwards much more than I would think is safe to do. That's my main concern. I've tried pulling quite hard but I don't seem to be having enough clearance. I am trying to avoid axle shaft from falling out damaging the boot. Looks like I will need to pull on the whole thing harder to remove the damn strut. I was wondering if unbolting lower control arm, that strut bracket is bolted to from subframe will help in getting clearance I need and not completely ruin alignment. It seems like even when pulling hard I still need another inch or so to remove bracket from strut. I will be busy today so I will probably start working on it this Saturday. Rear ones were replaced already and my wife have already driven the car. She says that it remained stiff but in a different more pleasant way the tears are what felt like being not dialed in the best by bmw.
so no error code through out right? sound they are compatible in a good manner

my only wonder is if you need to code VDP control unit to LCI so it would really make big difference
Appreciate 0