Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton_RU View Post
Thanks for the advice!
Me too, I am running 19" OEM wheels and not planning on getting the new wheels for now, but surely plan on getting the spacers and lowering the car with KW Variante 1.
Do you feel any negative change concerning the drive after the installation of the spacers? I heard it's not very good for the alignment and the tyres will use up pretty fast, not sure if that's true though
I had the spacers on at the same time as when the car got lowered back in May 2015.

With the H&R Sport springs, the amount lowered is not significant enough to affect the alignment. I personally have been driving the car on a daily basis to work and i like this set up so much better than the stock height. For the past 10 months or so, i have not seen the alignment being affected any differently from the first 3 years without the springs/spacers. The car should have come in this lowered and "wider" configuration from the beginning.

Dynamically, it is better.

If you really insist on aligning, i recommend you do not do it right away. Let the spring settle in first for at least 1 or even 2 months.
I have been keeping a close look at it since the change, because the shop is willing and ready to align my car if necessary, after the settling period.

In my case, i did not get the car aligned since the new lower springs, and i even think it is better that way, because the alignment is still "stock".
If i ever decide to put back the OEM springs, there would be no need to adjust back and forth the alignment.

As for the tire wear, i also have been keeping an even closer watch.
I had all the tires filled up at the exact pressure when the tires were still cold and not driven! (to the 10th decimal) and i look at it on a daily basis, as well as while driving through the TPMS #.

I drive my car rather aggressively and all four tires wear evenly and nothing abnormal from the way they were wearing before the new springs. (I drove the car for 3 years on stock height).

The only case where the spacers would affect tire wear negatively is when it is combined with an excessive negative camber suspension setup, which is not applicable for us.

In conclusion, i personally think you do not have to worry about these things.
Alignment ? >> NO
uneven or excessive Tire wear ? >> NO
negative dynamic change ? >> NO

Make sure to have the longer bolts when you add the spacers

Enjoy the photos i just took about a hour ago:

This is after 10 months of driving with the springs and spacers (i bought 4 new tires at the same time too):

Again, this is 15 mm FRONT, and 12 mm REAR.

Next weekend, i will be swapping the Rear spacers for 15 mm.
I will post the photos then to give you show you the slight difference. It will be even better i think.

For now, just imagine the wheels pushed out 3mm more... which is really nothing i think. I am looking forward to it.

As for lowering it, here is the
BEFORE:

AFTER:

Last edited by DrivenByE30; 01-24-2016 at 05:49 PM..
Appreciate 0