ItalyBMW325
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90
None of that is what I was responding to initially.
I think you missed something.
I don't subscribe to the "not enough" mentality.

Also, a 3 series is "high performance", especially when equipped with the sport option. A fast straight line machine, such as your Lightning, is only a "high performance" car in one aspect and that is when it's going straight. Thus, in terms of overall performance, which is why a 3 series is high performance, your Lightning will surely NOT beat a Vette especially a Z06.

And, yes it takes hundreds and into the thousands to get a normally aspirated vehicle to improve it's performance by 1 sec.
BTW, you misquoted/paraphrased my cost comment.
People spend $300-$500 on intakes and another $500-over $1000 on exhausts, that's from $800-$1500 spent, that barely net a 1 sec. difference.

T
I personally would not condsider an E90 a high performance vehicle just cause the sports package has different suspension. But that s a matter of opinion. I think you might want to check the 1/4 mile times for a Lightning vs a Corvette (Not Z06). Also you might want to drive a Lightning before commenting on "performance capabilities". This truck is designed to handle like a car. Of course at the end of the day it is still a truck so it can only do so much but you would be surprised.

I think you missed my point. The guy asked if it was enough... and Burrito said 215 its not enough try the 330. There is not that big of a difference to make that statement. Is the 330 faster? Sure it is. But to say 215 is not enough try 245 is comical.

Bottom line is this debate will rage for ever. Now 330 gets props for the 162's but thats about it IMO. The difference in performance does not warant the extra 3K (approx). Now if he does not care how he spends his money he should get the 330 if he feels the extra 40 HP will make him happy. Personally I would buy a different car if he is worried about 40 HP.
Appreciate 0