View Single Post
      10-30-2020, 12:27 PM   #35
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

I chose to buy, as I tend to develop attachments to my cars. Also, I have a real problem with thinking of laying out so much money in a lease, and then having nothing to show for it, in the end. If you buy, and you hold long-term—5 years or more, or at least until after the loan has been retired for some time—then you do have that asset, at the end of the day. Granted, you do have (significant) depreciation, but you do still have an asset. Also, there is just that sense of pride that comes with ownership. You feel like this is mine. I just don’t see how you ever feel that way, with a lease. I especially don’t understand lessees wanting to mod their cars, or put PPF on it, or anything like that, especially if you don’t wind up keeping. Not to mention the limits on mileages and such.

At the end of the day, I think that the old saying “know thy self” applies here, as there are very definite pros and cons, both ways. To the OP, I say you sound somewhat like me, in that you like to keep your cars around for some time, so why not just purchase it? You know going in that it is going to depreciate...most likely heavily, so you have to really feel like that this is the car for you, as I did. Also, you evaluate the risk of how reliable the car is going to be. From all I have seen and read on these forums, the car is at least pretty reliable, not that any car is ever perfect. As for me, I have decided to make not only a financial but an emotional investment in this car, as I believe it is the absolute perfect one for me, at this stage in my life. YMMV. Either way, good luck OP, and don’t listen to any negative nay-sayers either way. You do what is right for YOU.
Appreciate 0