View Single Post
      02-28-2020, 09:15 AM   #12
GiantPete
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Topic resurrection... and I've just joined so can't post a new topic...

Do the standard UK 'Adaptive LED Headlights' switch from main beam to dipped and back automatically according to oncoming cars or taillights ahead or do you have to toggle the switch manually every time a car appears ahead?

Currently drive a 230i with fully adaptive/selective xenon main beam masking with the camera and second stalk button. Had a 2019 520d for a courtesy car for a month in November and the lights seemed to be a big downgrade as I drive in the countryside on twisty undulating B roads, they didn't seem to do anything 'adaptive' despite having an 'A' position on the headlight rotary switch, and I had to manually dip the main beam.

I'd like to avoid the laser lights visibility pack as i'm considering a 320d touring in SE spec and keeping it under the 40k P11d price to save the extra VED for years 2-6. I think if the standard lights do automatically switch to dipped and back when a car passes the other way then that will suffice even though they lack the selective main beam masking.
Appreciate 0