08-15-2019, 12:16 PM   #31
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
How do we feel about the current market and its somewhat-immediate future? Prices in Tallahassee seem to have skyrocketed in the past few years for example - selling for 50% more than they did just a couple years ago in some instances - makes a current buyer uneasy.

Certainly welcome any feedback, but what have others done? What has been your recipe? What mistakes have you learned from?
I live and sell Real Estate in the DFW metroplex, mostly Dallas County. I almost exclusively sell homes for 250k and under that have been flipped by an investor I work with, and they tend to FLY off the market. I also work with buyers in higher price points and I'm constantly getting them deals because the market is slower, especially above 500k.
I personally own a condo, but will probably be selling it end of the year and moving to more of a townhome style place where I can have a garage and small yard for my dog. I like the low maintenance of the condo/townhome.
Next year will then start the search to acquire some rental properties and maybe do a couple flips. Trying to get into something for myself, like others have said, while interest rates are as low as possible. Refinance was a consideration, but I don't love the place I'm in now enough to stay there.

All that said, I agree that prices have skyrocketed. 2015 in particular being INSANE in the market around here. But I think it's corrected quite a bit and things are steady, with the more affordable houses of course still the hot items.

I will say I made the mistake of settling for the current condo I'm in and not finding the right place to move after selling my previous condo when I saw the opportunity in the market a couple years back to make a big return on it. Oh well, going to take my time with the next one. And while the return was very good on the last condo, part of me regrets not keeping it and renting it as I start to look for rental properties now.

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 1