View Single Post
      08-14-2019, 02:58 AM   #20
Grundy
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblade1000 View Post
M5 number 1 went back in for squealing brakes and they found all brakes pads were shot....pads on back order worldwide and out of action for a month...massage seats fell to bits and sounded like a bat of marbles had been dropped in the seat so back it went

M5 number 2 didn't start well, arrived on collection day to find it hadn't got the interior trim I had requested

Drove home and all tyres pressure warning came on, it was telling me to fill them to 50% over what they should be, After numerous arguments with dealer who was telling me if thats what the computer says it must be right it turned out Germany had sent out a batch of cars with the wrong tyre pressure parameters, they had to recall the others

Brakes again squealed like an old bus

Mirrors would randomly fold in when driving

Reverse camera stopped beeping the closer you got to a wall

Numerous RATTLES some of which included...seats not put together properly...loose screws in dash

Who ever built that one must have just crawled into work from the beer fest

The Rattles were the big no no for me, BMW really need to up there game with cabin quality, the M4 they gave me as a loan car had more rattles/buzzes than you could count and my old M4 had to go back in on a number of occasions before it was rattle free

So pretty shite experience on a £100K car

Bought a new model (in the UK) RS5 Sportback sport edition and its like a breath of fresh air absolutely solid inside and out

Don't suppose a popular post on a M5 forum where most posts are positive but my experience has been far from good
What were the build months/year of your cars? Having same problems as your second one.
Appreciate 0