clbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 320d M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFan328i View Post
I am not sure about other BMW cars. But, regardless of feels, I still think my M3 is more accurate in steering responses than my old e90. It's very precise, I tested an M3 on the track as well, and wasn't disappointed by the steering accuracy.
Accurate, yes absolutely. I think the issue is more the elusive "feel". It's hard to put down in words which I think the author in the article also struggled with. It just doesn't feel... natural?

Just my opinion of course.
Fully agree, driving daily and IMO

E90 320d I feel like I'm connected to the road, I feel it through the wheel but it's less precise and takes more physical effort and more movement to get it where I want it. The steering wheel is thinner and less soft too

F20 M135i highly accurate and more sensitive in my view, very quick to place the front of the car where you want to with ease but less feeling of what the tires are actually doing on the road surface though. Steering wheel is chunkier and more padded.

I dislike neither both have their ups and downs. But I could imagine the best of both worlds would be amazing
Appreciate 1