04-10-2020, 11:07 PM   #1
M40i017
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Seat swap- X3 m40i

Hey everyone,

I currently have a 2019 x3 M40i and unfortunately got it with the ventilated seats not knowing that it will lack the adjustable lateral bolsters. Although the ventilation is noisy and not very efficient, its still a nice feature to have and was why I decided for it when first purchasing.

I am currently looking for some options to help make the seats more comfortable and provide better support while going through turns. Im a relatively skinny/athletic guy.
I am currently thinking about either purchasing a used seat off a 2018 x3 with sport seats- (w/ power bolsters but no ventilation ). My other option would be get foam added to the bolsters at an upholstery shop and possibly increase comfort of foam in seat back.

Which option would be more viable and work out better. Would I run into any coding issues using a different seat than what my car came with and would I be able to use the same modules in my ventilated seat in the non ventilated sport seat?

Anybody have any experience on this matter and or have gotten their seats worked on at upholstery shop to increase comfort and later support.

Cheers
Appreciate 0