View Single Post
      08-16-2016, 12:02 PM   #1
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

My winter wheel/tire setup for the M2!

I was on the hunt for winter wheels and tires for the M2 since I bought the car. My cars are all 4 season vehicles (except the C7 ) and a good set of winter tires and wheels are a must. I'm also picky about aesthetics and want to maintain a nice look over the winter months too.

I had a set of Avant Garde M510 on my M4 last winter. Nice wheel but HEAVY and I actually noticed it when driving the car. I also ran 255/35-19 Nokian Hakka R2 tires in a square set up. Loved the tires for real winter conditions. The offsets of the M510 didn't work on the M2 so I decided to keep the tires (with tons of tread) and find new wheels.

Decided on the VMR V710FF wheel. The are flow forged and relatively light. That was important to me. They are very close to the OEM forged wheels in weight at 22.6 lbs. They arrived a few weeks ago and I had the tires mounted. Decided to do a test fit today and take some pictures. This is a 19x9.5 ET33 wheel in a square set up... which I think is better for winter than a staggered set up because you can rotate wheels front to back as needed. Fitment is great. A little closer to the suspension than OEM but with sufficient clearance. Fender clearance is also great.

I'm very, very happy with the weight, finish and quality of these wheels When I was putting them on the car, they felt to be effectively the same weight as the OEM wheels I was removing. Also, you can't really tell from the pictures but they have very good concavity too!

Here are some pics... I also like them more than the summer wheels

Happy winter wheel/tire shopping to all... I can't believe it's only a few months away

2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 2