Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
I'm curious as to how much cutting is required. Dinan advertise it as a bolt on option but I assume that's after you measure and cut off the oem section. Which I'm contemplating tackling myself.
Yes, I spoke to a Dinan tech. If you’re doing both the resonator delete and the muffler they are designed to mate up. So you just need to cut the OEM exhaust ahead of the resonator - so two cuts, one for each pipe. Same thing if you’re doing just the muffler, except the cuts are after the resonator. The tricky one is doing just the resonator because you need to do four cuts.
Ya sorry I found this out after watching some YouTube videos. It's semi DIY. Just need to measure and cut. But I'll be taking to an exhaust shop nonetheless. Truth is the x pipe is on back order so I'm thinking of just going with a straight pipe sometime this week as I'm off work. Then if I don't like it then once the x pipe arrives I'll just have that put on. Otherwise I'll cancel the order or just sell.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0