08-05-2009, 07:42 AM   #16
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPQR M3 View Post
Back on topic.....what's an E92 M3 worth? Well this may be a good guide....

I ordered an E92 in Melb Red last year which arrived in May 09. It's a long story, but upon taking delivery of the car I immediately started having regrets about the colour - it's beautiful to look at and as a weekend car it would've been perfect, but as a daily proposition I thought it would get a bit hard to live with. The red is very in-your-face and stands out a LOT. I had made a mistake in colour choice. So what to do? As I plan to have my car for at least 4 years, I knew that I either had to just accept the red, or try and do a deal for a new M3 (in a different colour).....

So I called my dealer and explained my situation. To be honest, I felt somewhat embarrassed. Of course, they were very sympathetic to my cause - after all, there was potentially another sale of an M3 in the pipeline!! What I wanted to do was trade my 3 month old Melb Red M3 with just 900km on the clock for a new Alpine White one in the exact same specs.....

The initial changeover price I was offered was a laugh.....let's just say that things improved dramatically from there and after a week or so of negotiation, we agreed on a changeover that was quite acceptable.
Must admit I had a brief thought about doing something similar with the recently announced Limited M3... then I realised that there are only 3 coming to Oz and one could only guess how much they would want for something this rare! (It is a 6 month production run so why only 3 in Oz???).
Appreciate 0