09-19-2016, 01:22 PM   #17
MerlinPurple
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by masou View Post
Why don't I see the ///M dead pedal peaking above the liner?
I don't have the optional metal dead pedal installed - these mats are based on stock pedals I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
those look good, how much and where did you get them?
I got mine off ebay - check out sickshift's link above too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVU View Post
As others have mentioned:

1. WeatherTech doesn't offer mats specifically for the F87
2. The F87 uses a ginormous Velcro disc to secure the stock mats in place

I ordered a set of all-weather mats (rubber) from WeatherTech marketed specifically for the F22 X-Drive only. The fit is great, and they look just ok. However, it is not possible to use either of the two mat retention features offered by WeatherTech, and there is obviously no giant disc of Velcro on the bottom of the WeatherTech mats. Considering the current regulatory and litigation-happy environment around unintended acceleration incidents, and the possible contribution of a loose floor mat interfering with the foot controls, I believe THIS is the reason why WeatherTech won't tell customers that the F22 mats will fit just fine.

I don't like my mats moving around on the floor, and so far I haven't had an issue with the WeatherTech mats. But I might also consider the BMW all-weather mat solution.

One feature I do like about the WeatherTech "floor liners" is that they DO cover more of the dead pedal. The less melted ice/salt slurry that drips down and saturates the base of that pedal, the better!

Yes, I encountered this issue too. Weathertech forgot to send me the retention kit... from what I know, it's a case of removing the velcro discs (rotate them 90*) and inserting the retention hooks?

Anyway, I couldn't be bothered to wait, so I stuck on some industrial velcro beneath...:

I had to take my time and compare the velcro are against the stock mats to make sure the area was properly covered. The mats stay firmly in place - I agree, no way could I put up with "moving" mats.

Appreciate 1
CAVU150.50