View Single Post
      09-19-2016, 11:10 AM   #15
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

As others have mentioned:

1. WeatherTech doesn't offer mats specifically for the F87 Correction: F87 FloorLiner mats now available as of mid-September
2. The F87 uses a ginormous Velcro disc to secure the stock mats in place

I ordered a set of all-weather mats (rubber) from WeatherTech marketed specifically for the F22 X-Drive only. The fit is great, and they look just ok. However, it is not possible to use either of the two mat retention features offered by WeatherTech, and there is obviously no giant disc of Velcro on the bottom of the WeatherTech mats. Considering the current regulatory and litigation-happy environment around unintended acceleration incidents, and the possible contribution of a loose floor mat interfering with the foot controls, I believe THIS is the reason why WeatherTech won't tell customers that the F22 mats will fit just fine.

I don't like my mats moving around on the floor, and so far I haven't had an issue with the WeatherTech mats. But I might also consider the BMW all-weather mat solution.

One feature I do like about the WeatherTech "floor liners" is that they DO cover more of the dead pedal. The less melted ice/salt slurry that drips down and saturates the base of that pedal, the better!

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension

Last edited by CAVU; 09-19-2016 at 04:34 PM..
Appreciate 1