01-11-2015, 09:56 AM   #12
dclowd9901
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I wasn't trying to get you into trouble either, I love it that we can handle these on our own.

I should edit the email from above, but i'm due to a ban already.
You're always looking out for us lups. Also, I'd hate to see what happened if you were hit with the ban hammer. I'm pretty sure all hell would break loose O_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Launch Control View Post
What did you change about your adaptive headlamps? I can activate mind with a switch and they work great. Is there a way to make them work better?

Removing the Nav Disclaimer sure gets me excited!
Changed it to EU-spec. US gets auto-toggle high beams, but EU gets this:

So I changed it so *I* get that now And it works amazingly. Why they don't have it here is the stuff of Dr. Strangelove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil.harlow View Post
What is the M Lap timer coding change you made? I don't think I ever saw that in any of the lists of things you can change.
I haven't used the M Lap Timer yet, but what it is is an option that shows up in your nav system. I'm guessing you turn it on at the track, and it estimates laps based on GPS overlap. They have an app for your phone that does it as well, but this is built right in. I don't know why this isn't already enabled on ///M cars since it's called the ///M Lap Timer. It might just be something they turn on after you do the driving training (like taking off the governor).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post
Is there some sensitivity in talking about coding? There seems to be lots of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
I also don't get that

The forums have dedicated rooms for coding threads (which is why this thread has been moved to that part of the F8x forum I guess)
Yeah, I don't know where the lines are. I *do* know that people tend to get in trouble when they start offering specifics on how to do the coding, or offer to do the coding for others, which is why I won't delve into that here.

My guess is the dedicated area is for discussions like this, where we talk about the things we've coded into our car, and share the available options.