06-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #128
E90Mario
Brigadier General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: ESS E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
I hope they made it out ok and by reading the forum they did. Thank goodness.

Wow this brings back memories of a violent crash I had in 1992. Ours was much much worse and I cringed when I saw this video. We went off a 40 foot cliff and rolled 7 times down a mountain and luckily we bounced off a huge rock and slammed into the ground just short of a 100 ft drop.

Things happen so fast when you drive off the cliff and all the BS you say as a teen that I can jump out of the car before it happens if false. You have no time to react and your life can be taken in a second.

I do remember my friend at the time yelling as we kept flipping and bouncing to make it stop and I couldnt do jack shit. The car rolled over my right wrist 7 times at over 2000 pounds each time and totally shattered my wrist in 7 places. A pen went through my knee just under my patella. Other than that I was shaken up pretty bad buy my friend who was the driver had to go to the ER due to his head being split wide open, loss of blood and shock.

I was wearing stonewash jeans that evening and when my friends head hit the windshield it shattered and as his head flipped back, blood blanketed my left leg like someone dumping hot water on my leg. Talk about right out of a movie.

Luckily, our friends were following behind us and saw the entire thing. To this day I remember a white Jetta that saw the entire crash, didnt lift a finger to help us. Such a shame.

The last thing I might add is moments before we went off the cliff I told my buddy to slow down and to put our seat belts on. Usually we never wore them in HS. Low and behold they saved our lives. I had a ball cap on at the time and it was 100 yards from the crash site and I remember the Sheriff saying "see that cap? That's where your body would have been if you would have not had your seatbelt on.":

Anyway sorry for rambling on but this brought back 1992 so fast.
This sent a chill down my spine, I read this and pictured this just as graphically as you described it. Hard to read as I do not wish that harm upon anyone. However I really do appreciate you sharing this story. It's definitely an eye opener. The part that gets me is that you couldn't do shit when the car was flipping to help your friend. Those kind of words hint that you're the type of guy who cares for the well being of friends in a situation like that and not just yourself; and I really respect that!

I hope you and your buddy have since then recovered fully