View Single Post
      01-11-2008, 12:23 AM   #3
Euro Durch Tod
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: mustang

Well I know with more economical based cars the aftermarket suspension has stiffer spring rates and shocks to make for a more performance feel. I previously owned a VW and upgraded suspension was definately needed, night and day difference. I have driven several BMW M models and the suspension is absolutely better than a VW and definately performance oriented, but at the same time they were very soft and comfortable leaving plently of room to stiffen them up and create better performance. Stiffer springs rates will create a better weight transfer and allow better handling, how much better I can not tell you. I do know that while driving you will personally be able to push your car hard and further if it isnt rolling/pithcing as much, the feel of a more controlled, stable ride will allow you to go faster and harder. For the veterans and those that know about suspension tuning an aftermarket setup will allow them to fine tune the car for specific racing they do or just to suit their personal driving style. And what car doesnt look better lower than stock!
Appreciate 0