Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by selpo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
A picture is worth a thousand words as they say...
The most I can do is turn a screwdriver, provided I have directions!! I am amazed with folks like you in this forum- Have time, interest, dedication and money to do all the things you do, Kudos!!
It actually was super easy surprisingly. Only 2 bolts and 1 clamp on each side and the while things just pulls out.

The new one goes in just as easy. Put on the silicone couplers. Tighten one end. Put in the new metal heat shields. Slide in the cf intakes tighten the rest of the silicone coupler. Remove grill (super easy) and pop in the cf ducts onto the existing support bars. Whole thing probably took me 45 min. And I was going slow examining pictures and what not. If I had to do it again it would take no more than 20-30 min.

But the new "whoosh" sound is intoxicating haha. Don't get me wrong. The whole thing isn't worth the MSRP. He'll probably not even worth what I paid for it but I felt good about paying what I paid for it and just not gonna look back.

Big box showed up and of course I have a nest door bell camera which caused the wife to start texting me immediately about this "giant" box. Luckily I get a lot of Amazon and they love to ship it all in big boxes. Haha
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0