View Single Post
      01-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

Dinan Warranty (personal experience)

hi all,

i just wanted to comment on the dinan warranty based on my personal experience. after reading the thread by XxLancaxX, i did not want to hi-jack his tread.

i have an '01 330i with dinan cold air intake, throttle body and stage III flash and i assumed an intact warranty by bmw.

i had a few issues with my car and when i brought it into the bmw dealership to service, they told me the problem (which i will explain later, several problems) was caused by the dinan mods. i tried to contact dinan but was not able to reach them through phone since they (at the time) did not post a customer service number on their website. not sure if thats still true. i went to bmw gallery of norwood (authorized dinan dealer), where i bought and installed the dinan mods and the dinan reps there told me it was a bmw problem and to talk to the service techs. this went back and forth numerous times and in the end... got no where. i paid out of my own pocket and fixed these problems.

the problems, separate incidents:

1. leaky "intake boot", its just a rubber elbow that connects the dinan intake pipe to the intake manifold. service techs claims the dinan intake was putting pressure on the intake boot and causing it to bend and eventually crack. dinan reps claim the heat and dry air must have corroded the rubber. in the end, neither owned up to it and i bought the part myself for $35 and replaced it myself.

2. throttle/acceleration hiccups, surges and hesitations. service reps claim the dinan software is causing this. dinan reps claim the transmission software was to blame. never fixed this problem but it eventually went away on its own.

the moral of my story is that dinan and bmw will both try to point fingers at one another. do not assume that your dinan products will be covered under dinan or bmw's warranty. with that said, i do not plan to buy any dinan products in the future.

just an fyi... i dont mean to bash dinan's products, just their warranty claims... please take this as you will...
Appreciate 0