09-17-2014, 12:25 PM   #9
DickieGibbo
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: 2016 F32 435dx Msport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickieGibbo View Post
I took a closer look at the brakes and they were msport brakes.

I dont know why they were not as good as mine which are non msport. Think the discs are bigger which is probably why.

Dickie
After I posted this topic, I called Sytner to have a moan to carefully examine the pads visually before making assumptions using the OBC and charging me a horrendous replacement cost.

They called me back after 3 hours following a visual inspection to advise they have recoded the OBC as it was wrong. I therefore don't need pads after all! The OBC now states pads required in 14000 miles which makes them due around 31000 which is better. I wonder if they would have told me this if I hadn't had made an issue of it?

The only downside with this apparent recoding is they reset the OBC as all my shortcuts disappeared, Radio Stations were not present, no profiles loaded, and my DIY EBT coding has disappeared. I am also sure that some things have changed on the I drive too. I have now noticed a weird graphic appearing in the right corner of the map screen next to the RTTI and the menu where I input a destination for the Sat Nav has changed slightly. Glad I didn't do anymore coding. It would have all disappeared!

I am going to have fun later tonigh though, I had both my front and rear cameras left on in stealth mode so hope to see what happened to my car when they took it away! I have too much time on my hand!! To be continued....

Dickie
Appreciate 0