footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Speculation, speculation, speculation.

But then again, I suppose you are right, no BMW test drivers punished the M-DCT with track work during development. The new M3 only need to keep grocery getters and weekend canyoneers happy.

Of course it is speculation, the same applies to whether T-Bone actually likes lattes, whether you actually agree with anyone for more than 5 seconds and if South is as independent from BMW as he lets on.

Regardless of what you agree with or disagree with, the facts are that BMW have shifted the M3's position in the market place from an out and out racer to a more balance car which covers more bases and appeals to more people because of it.

I have my theories, and they are that you will find the GTR owners will not be complaining about the same things as we are when on a race track. The fact that none of this issues are surfacing on the road means that BMW have set the gearbox to play it safe instead of allowing the driver total control.

Enigma even said that D5 proved to be quickest which may mean that the gearbox knows best after all.

I just wished he had tried one of the slower setting to see if the same issues arise or was it solely a S5~6 problem. (Where most of the surge is -jk)
Appreciate 0