Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegelein View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav View Post
On the same boat here - lease ends in August and cannot decide what to get for DD. I do about 30 miles daily.

Initially was thinking of another M5 but I will be amazingly bored with the same interior/car (keep in mind this is the first car I have kept for duration of lease - usually get out in a year or two).

We already have an X5 for SUV and a 4 year old so back seat access is important and cannot go 911 route.

Have been thinking of giving the Taycan 4S a try or the upcoming etron GT but not sure ready for electrification when this next one may really be the last gasoline powered one that makes sense.

Then started considering the M8 comp gran coupe but there is just something about the looks that doesn't excite me. Seems just so long maybe? Maybe need to find a good color combination.

So stuck!!!
I could never go electrical, especially coming out of this monster!!
M8 looks like a Mustang. I love Mustangs, but not going to spend over $150k+ for a look alike, no matter what. I priced up a M8 GC comp and the lease rate is nuts and that's with a good discount. I love BMWs and especially M, but I think BMW made a mistake w/ the 8, in that they are now in the $ territory, where people will question is a BMW really worth that. I think when you are up in that range, you go beyond a BMW and level up to Porsche. Just my humble opinion...
Totally agree! There is just something about the M8 looks that is off. Thus the reason I am stuck.

But can definitely not do an SUV (yours looks awesome btw) and the only thing Porsche wise would be a Panamera or a Taycan.

May look into the RS7 and refreshed E63 too but at the end I may have to either decide that now is the time to install a charger in the garage or go for another M5 - there isn't really much out there that is this good for a daily driver I think?
Appreciate 0