09-25-2019, 10:01 PM   #6
shahin
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 18 M5 FE,15 M6 GC, 12 M5,06 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
It's great to post cool videos, but like anything else it is too easy to get caught up in hype. I love my F90 CE - but I am not going to start stating, even modified, I am a "Dragon Slayer"...lol...sigh.

The video is disjointed...at about 15 seconds - the Mclaren is clearly pulling ahead - albeit going up a hill. Then there is video of the BMW ahead by about a car where the second camera angle starts up just after - but then the Mclaren pulls ahead before both cars brake - like the first camera angle.

So - "destroyed" is obviously the wrong word to use here and is likely click bait for views - and being honest - this outcome is an aberration. 720's trap mid 140's bone stock and are in the mid to high 9's. I have video of a 720 that looks just like the one in this video - trapping 150 MPH. There is no "should be much faster" - the 720 is 100% faster. No F90 is remotely close to that trap speed to my knowledge. If it was a bad start - cool - that is racing, but these cars are not very close to each other performance wise.

A quick change in title and its a fun watch.
If you read my reply it was for shits and giggles two people just lining up their cars.
Second, that is not my Youtube Chanel nor did I put the headings or title of video, again someone having fun with the video. Lastly inspector gadget, the M5 beat the 720S from the mid point all the way to the 1/4 mile aka stop sign and left off the gas. Me and 50 other people where there to witness it.
So enjoy the video and remember there are no kids here making false cut and paste video clips.
At the end of the day, it was race between a stock 720S rear wheel drive vs a well modified awd M5.
That night M5 beat the 720 S
Appreciate 0