utenigma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i 8SA M-Adaptive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin951 View Post
Great writeup and annotation One of the best I've seen...forum or otherwise.

I saw in another thread you had .15* toe out in front and .20* toe in rear. How did that work for you? I'm getting an alignment tomorrow for an event this weekend, so I'm very interested to hear how things went from that aspect.

Also, how did the rear end do through 3,4? I've found the F30 rear to be a little 'floaty' at high speed (80+). Maybe it's just my inputs though.

+1 on the BMS. I ended up removing/selling mine for this very reason. I'm curious what BMS comes back with, so keep us posted!
Yeah I've got the same alignment. Turn-in is quick with the slight toe-out, feels like it really helps in autocross during a slalom. I think when (if ever) my camberplates come in, I'll probably go with 0 toe in the front because the extra camber in the front is going to make the front-end more darty anyways.

But right now the car's really balanced on the square setup with that alignment - drifts nicely in sweepers, neither end seems to dominate the other.

It is a touch darty on the freeway - but nothing crazy. We're not talking about extreme alignment settings here

*EDIT* forgot to answer 3,4 - no issues with the rear - really stable through there.
Actually the way I was driving the S's, because I was straight-lining 3 and braking to the apex of 4 the problem would appear at 4,5 if there was one - but again it was very stable through there - I never got worried in that corner. The S's were very autocross like though so I may be numb to the feeling as I'm very accustom to this car's weight shifting back and forth quickly (as in slaloms, or high speed offset gates)

Last edited by utenigma; 03-27-2014 at 12:29 PM..
Appreciate 0