View Single Post
      05-16-2022, 08:21 AM   #58
Tristan0111
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotiosF90M5 View Post
I had DINANs front monoball thrust arm bushings installed today at my dealership ( 3 hr install, cost was $240 under bmw employee pricing ) and it's quite possibly the best mod I've ever done, no exaggeration! It truly makes the steering and suspension feel like a pre-EPS M car. Feels like hydraulic steering now and it's completely transformed the steering feel. I also have the Dinan HAS coil over system dialed in just right and this just completed the whole setup. Exactly what I had hoped for and more.

So I've now driven almost 200 miles already since I simply can't stop driving it so I think I've had enough driving time to post my thoughts.. Mixed driving styles ranging from the "normal civilized BMW driver" to the "highly spirited BMW driver" and lastly the "deranged lunatic a-hole BMW driver" The car is now super direct and immediate, has perfect steering weight and resistance ( seriously..perfect ), and the entire suspension setup feels like one solid piece from the front wheels directly to the steering wheel. No bump steer, no loose and disconnected feeling under heavy braking and turning or uneven crappy roads, and there literally is zero delay to your inputs, just immediate, solid, tactile response you can feel in the palm of your hands when holding and turning the steering wheel.

Another really cool change is how planted and solid the car feels even just driving straight on the highway, there is now zero play in the suspension and the best part is there really is no noticeable degradation in NVH which honestly was very unexpected. It truly is one of THE BEST mods I've ever done period.

In closing if you want the suspension and steering to be as perfect as the M5's drivetrain a really good coil over HAS kit like DINANs and their front monoball thrust arm bushings are simply a must have. I think even just the monoball kit would be a huge upgrade This entire setup IMO makes the already amazingly capable M5 comp to complete driving perfection. To me my M5c is now a super sedan with no peers and any of the very few minor shortfalls the F90 had now perfected it really is the best sports sedan on the planet. So happy now lol.

I've literally been waiting all day to type this little review, I feel like I need everyone to know about this severely, outrageously, underrated F90 upgrade. Trust me, it's not just "good for the track" it's actually perfect for a daily driven or weekend warrior F90 M5 with what I think to be a zero downside upgrade. Soooo, take 2 monoballs in the morning and reply to this thread, Doctors orders. If you value a perfectly precise and balanced handling F90 M5 you will be VERY glad you did
Thanks for reading and sorry for the super long post, I'm just so pleased with the outcome. Seriously though, if possible do these mods, you'll just enjoy the car so much more. Sorry no pics.

Link to Monoball kit F90 :

https://www.dinancars.com/products/s...arts/D280-0019

Link to my previous DINAN H.A.S. Coil-Over review :

DINAN F90 Comp H.A.S. Coilover Suspension Review Simply Awesome Suspension https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1829934

Link to my DINAN F90 Carbon Fiber CA.I. + F90 Carbon Fiber Turbo Inlet review

My DINAN Turbo Inlet and Full Intake review F90 https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1863857
I'm back in this thread again to thank you, as I finally received the parts and installed them 2 days ago, they're great, I guess especially the monoballs, the car feels like one size down, the steering feels more condifent, accelerating and braking feels more stable and straight.
Appreciate 0