01-13-2021, 05:07 PM   #29
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbodle View Post
A few people in this thread have said that pressing the exhaust button on the centre console turns off ASD, is that true? I don't notice any difference in sound with the button on or off during a 70mph cruise.
It definitely does make a difference. Put your throttle in Sport+, then try turning the ASD button off and on, in succession. It’s kind of a huge difference, to my ears. Then, try turning ASD off (throttle still in Sport+), then let the front windows down some, and play around with that setup for a bit. I’m actually OK with ASD. It doesn’t bother me too bad, as it is simply the car’s own sounds being piped back in through the speakers. Now, if they were trying to feed me like Ferrari engine noise, or something like that, that I would have a problem with, as that would be TOTALLY fake, right? But, I mean the car’s own noises picked up and then piped back through the speakers? That doesn’t really bother me. It really means one thing, the cabin is insulated very well, which is great. That means the thing is still a luxury cruiser.

On the downside, I can’t see how this could NOT cut into the goodness that is the B&W system. So, if I’m really into listening to whatever I’ve got playing, I’ll just “cut” the exhaust off. What can I say? I like options, and technology.

Last edited by ///WeissBisBlau; 01-13-2021 at 05:13 PM..
Appreciate 0