Thread: BMW Canada
View Single Post
      02-14-2018, 02:33 PM   #12
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 '18

I am not 100% sure how the whole process works but I think BMW decide what choices we have with the builds of the car. They put together the packages that we can order through our dealers or on line (if they could bother to have that car model updated or loaded).
If we have a problem with our dealer we go to them to sort it out.
They provide finance and set the prices
They decide on the incentives to sell the cars.
They determine all the stuff we are not aware of like the wholesale price etc.
They also determine the floor plans and dealer incentives- like "buy 10 get 3 free" and so forth. If you ever thought the dealer pays 9% under list and build those BMW buildings and makes a profit - forget it. It is not what it seems.
Ultimately they are responsible - if you take your dealer to court over something about the car they show up with the BMW lawyer.
So like that.....
Some dealer are great and some are not. One thing about BMW is the Canadian franchise is consistently a bad joke. Just wait till you burnt a clutch in the first 15,000 kms and your dealership has to get BMW Canada to sign off on the warranty replacement....or no-one can hear your on your Bluetooth phone....and BMW Canada says that is the way it comes from the factory! or you drive around with the transmission jumping out of first gear and no one can figure out what is wrong on your 3 week old car. Why do BMW Canada make you wait 3 months before allowing the Dealership to replace the gearbox?
The people that answer the phones clearly are a "service" that have no product knowledge and zero interest in cars. Aren't BMW selling enough cars to pay locals that love cars and people.....owe no that would cut into their profit.
So write in when you have a problem - expect more - you deserve it as it was is your money.

"I would rather cry in a BMW than smile on a bicycle." Ma Nuo

Last edited by GregoryK; 02-14-2018 at 07:18 PM..
Appreciate 0