Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X6 //M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairg
Quote:
Originally Posted by masc2279 View Post
Does anyone know what this button is below the A/C knob as seen in the attached image ? I have gone thru the digital manual and the book and it does not have even an image of this button. I press it and it does nothing that I can tell. This is in a 2015 X6M.
OK - so a few things here:

1. Where did you find a digital X6M manual? Can you share links?
2. This module has been an age old issue in many prior models too. It's not a button, it's a sensor. Some argue it's the bluetooth sensor (which makes no sense). My vote is that it's either a temperature or a light level sensor for the A/C. Either way, it's not a button - you can't push it, and it doesn't do anything

Congrats on getting a vehicle so fast! We need pictures!
Download the iOS drivers guide and enter your vin number it will download the full and abridged versions of your manual with all the features of your car and matching videos its a great tool to quickly learn about your car without paging thru the paper manual. The fun part also you can take pictures of the buttons in question and it jumps to that part of the manual with image recognition.
2015 BMW X6 //M-Sport //M-Performance Power Kit, Black Sapphire Metallic, Terra Dakota Leather, Night Vision W/Pedestrian Detection, Adaptive Lighting, Ambiance Lighting, Led Fog Lights, Harmon Kardon Surround Sound, Heads Up Display. Rear Seat Entertainment, Premium Package, Lighting Package, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package.
Appreciate 0