View Single Post
      12-02-2019, 10:26 PM   #74
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by cream View Post
Raced my friend's '17 GTR with 4.4L billet block, Shep tranny with straight cut gears and AMS Alpha 16x kit running E85. It made me sad, his car weighs about the same as mine since interior is all stock and he has a sound system in there.

I stood no chance whatsoever and I couldn't even hear my own car since his waste gate open dumps right underneath the engine, sounded absolutely mental. I know it's not a fair comparison but at the end of the day I'm driving a family sedan and he's in a rocket ship but it was very humbling to say the least..

He took me for a drive after and I've honestly never felt more scared in my life, felt like my brain and eyeballs were being pushed into the back of my skull. Those things are utterly insane and he daily drives it in comfort mode with power turned down.
Lol - as I had an A16 (not X) - fully built 4.1 - I think to it is important to understand no bone stock car on this planet - including Agera R's and Chiron's would have stood a chance. To put it into perspective, the 16X is quicker and faster than my car was and I was running 137 MPH in the 1/8th. That is a good 7 MPH than the M5C is running by the end of the 1/4 mile. In fact that is about two MPH faster than the C7ZR1 and four MPH faster than my Turbo S in the 1/4 (which runs 10.4). I'm guessing he is likely 140-145 MPH in the 1/8th - so now he is in Mclaren 720S 1/4 mile range (which run high 9's). Bikes, any stock car is - not touching that build. That is a 7 second 1/4 mile car.

I applaud you for giving it try though lol - that is what is it all about!
Appreciate 2
limeypride4425.00
Vic5519365.00