View Single Post
      11-01-2019, 09:49 PM   #70
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeytyme View Post
I ran mine a couple of times. I don't have 1200 miles on it yet so I just wanted to get a baseline without breaking it. First time I ran it with no launch control I got a 11:23 with -45 slope. I then ran in the exact same spot and my slope this time says -1.69 so it's an unofficial run.

My 0-60 wasn't very good either with a 3.05 and DA was 2538

Only downside is I wont run it again until I have 1200 mile service and before then I'm getting all my parts put on. But, at least I have something to compare it to

What have you done to your car?
It's good to have something to compare to. My car is also bone stock and not changing from that lol. I have enjoyed fairly modified cars for some time and I am good to remain stock for a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Up front, PTI (Pardon the Ignorance)

As a track master (you not me)... how apples to apples is a draggy (valid) vs a sanctioned track slip? Dont they have different measurements as one crosses the line? Does a draggy time yield an even faster car at the track if all other conditions are similar in regards to DA? Or is it vice a versa? Or just "it depends"

Thanks Jeremy.
Although kind of you, I am no master - but I believe you are correct - Dragy should measure actual speed at the end of the calculated distance and the 1/4 is the interesting average of the last 66 feet - so in theory Dragy should read higher (unless we find out Dragy does the same thing to be consistent with tracks lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
When I had my RS7, a group of us got together at PBIR and tested them against the strip timer. Dragy was within 0.05 on ET and +/- 2mph on trap speed across 4 Dragys.
Interesting. Something to investigate. I have found Dragy is not as exact past the 1/4 mark. 1/2 mile events have still shown close to equipment times/MPH - but they seem to be less accurate - OR - timing equipment from the events are the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Thats pretty much apples to apples

Thanks Dean!!

I think the trap has to do with exact speed vs speed in a range or something like that. I think track measures finish line speed vs draggy.

But like I said, I'm not educated here.
Oh the modesty lol...I think you have more education on cars than most...and I believe you are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Yeah, trap speed is the final speed as you cross the 1/4 mile mark—not your top speed—at least, that's how I've always understood it. Presumably, Dragy measures the same based upon its calculation of the distance and the speed at that point.

Is that what you're saying; not sure I'm following you?

// edit: trap speed I just learned/refreshed my memory is an average of the last 66 feet of the track... thanks to OnFire below for the real info.
T is the man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Dragy and my NHRA track are extreme close in ET and MPH. Neither correct for DA. You run what ya run. The mph is an average over the last 66 feet instead of an absolute. If I run 174mph at Bristol on the slip, my peak mph on my calibrated driveshaft output will be closer to 177-178mph at the stripe since that is an absolute.
^What he said.
Appreciate 3
onfireX53618.50
limeypride4425.00
Vic5519365.00