United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Up front, PTI (Pardon the Ignorance)

As a track master (you not me)... how apples to apples is a draggy (valid) vs a sanctioned track slip? Dont they have different measurements as one crosses the line? Does a draggy time yield an even faster car at the track if all other conditions are similar in regards to DA? Or is it vice a versa? Or just "it depends"

Thanks Jeremy.
Dragy and my NHRA track are extreme close in ET and MPH. Neither correct for DA. You run what ya run. The mph is an average over the last 66 feet instead of an absolute. If I run 174mph at Bristol on the slip, my peak mph on my calibrated driveshaft output will be closer to 177-178mph at the stripe since that is an absolute.
Ooooh, I think I recall you or someone else mentioning the average over the last 66 feet before but it slipped my aging brain. Do you know if Dragy uses the same method?

Dragy started recording DA recently so there's that. I don't believe the drag strips correct for DA either do they? It's always a talking point to help explain unusually good runs (like mine) but I don't think I've seen it factored in to the results beyond that.
Appreciate 0