eman4517
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 G83 M4C xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmostro View Post
eman you're going to fall even further in love with this car! MBB triplet here, btw but with Aragon leather.

As for settings, in case it's any help here's what I've landed on for the winter:

M1 = sport plus engine ; comfort suspension ; comfort steering ; D2 on trans ; regular 4WD
M2 = sport plus engine ; sport suspension ; comfort steering ; D3 trans ; MDM + sport 4WD

I use M1 for everyday driving and M2 for when I want to make some noise I like having the throttle mapping consistent so I don't have to recalibrate my foot between settings, which I find dangerous and unnecessary. I'm quite pleased at how progressive Sport Plus engine is in this platform vs. the F80 I used to have. I hated the throttle in that car! It was an off-on switch in any engine setting...
Thanks Ashmostro! This is very helpful info, I'll definitely try your reco on the M buttons.

Can I also pick your brain on your tire set-up? My M5 came in with the P-Zeroes :
I'm not really a fan of those, however since I'm now leasing, I'm probably not going to go for a winter wheel and tire set up as this car will most likely not see snow, however I'd still like to take it out often on more mild days throughout the winter months.

Normally, these HP summer tires really don't like temperatures below 40F (the silicone component hardens a bit losing traction), but the PZeroes don't seem as sticky as the PS4S I've had in the past, so I guess I'd have to see how they handle in colder weather. Any thoughts on this? What are your plans? Thanks!

Gone but not forgotten:'22 G82 M4Comp xDrive, '21 F90 M5 Comp,'19 Porsche 911 C4S, 15 Audi RS5, etc..
Appreciate 0