01-15-2022, 08:27 AM   #73
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdogray View Post
There is no way in hell society will last long enough for any idealistic vision of EV's to take hold. At its root, EV is not being driven by some alruistic pursuit of a cleaner planet or environmental responsibility. It's about money and ultimately, power. That's it. Now certainly there are many of those that do champion the transition to EV that are being driven by more actual ideals. But in the end it won't make a difference... at all. We will all be steamrolled. ICE engines are a scapegoat used to leverage more power from a society too fractured to fight back. It is also an absolute absurdity that we are to uproot everything for truly minimal long-term gain when you have one country that will never participate and is also the leading cause of all emissions and pollution... not to mention being utterly morally bankrupt. I guess that's my Asian hate talking, though... because that's supposedly a thing, too. EV's are nothing but a farce, taken up as shield and sword by a generation that loves to proclaim its virtue while having not a single shred of wisdom to know what they are really asking or doing.
I'm late to this thread. But Man, this is an excellent post.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
Cos270608.50