03-28-2020, 09:46 PM   #2
northtorque
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by schuylerb View Post
Been reluctant to make this post... With the widespread implications of COVID, and tremendous impact it’s having on so many people, my situation is comparatively unimportant. I hope this post isn’t in poor taste...

I ordered an M5 in January, production slated for wk 18. I’ve been tracking it... 2 weeks ago, status changed from “order received” to “scheduled for production.” Yesterday, it moved again... backwards... to “order received.” I called Genius, got the automated system, was told “order received, no confirmed production date.”

Considering the severe impacts of COVID, I can’t be angry or frustrated... I just need to put a plan together. My current lease (Benz) ends in 3-4 weeks, and I’ve extended it twice (don’t ask how... wasn’t easy) and won’t be able to do so again.

Any insight on what I can (or can’t) expect in terms of the impact on production schedule/expected delivery? Thanks in advance, appreciate any thoughts or info.

Stay safe.
I do not think anyone’s crystal ball can predict when things will get back up to speed. I commented a while back that I think for non-critical consumer goods it will likely be early 2021 until we’re back up to at least 50% of pre covid production levels - I hope I am wrong though
Appreciate 0