Quickburn7
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Bmw M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
I agree. Subjectively, what you want is what you want. I also agree that the Aston is a more beautiful and definitely "outspoken" car than the M5 - arguable more beautiful that the Porsche (but I am a huge Porsche fan). I am also a performance first person and tend not to buy flash. I have nothing against flash - but I am not ready to plunge into the uber price ranges of Aventadors and 720S's. Yet. I seriously considered the 720S - as it is literally the quickest and fastest car for the dollar and exotic pedigree available today - 9's and mid 140 MPH in the 1/4. That is insane for a stock car - especially an exotic.

Maybe one day - but for now - the Porsche fan in me - and the all round decathlete as Vic put it - one of the quickest and fastest cars out there (10.5 - 10.7 at 129-131 MPH) - consistently - and 205 MPH with the same road course capabilities as the GT3RS (at least 991.1 to 991.1) - while being a true GT car with refinement, luxury and long distance potential - makes it the overall winner. Which is why I am looking into this seriously.
I too, am looking at the 720S as the used pricing is shockingly low. But I fear that with all the performance Ill be scared of a few things: a continued depreciation curve that's very steep and true usability. I would not get the 720 for daily driving but I often found that when had cars that looked like that or attracted that much attention, I was more inclined to hop into my... Turbo S or other more clinical performance applications. I guess I just hated always looking back when I parked in the mall, grocery store lot, etc to see who would park next me.

But... the performance is so shocking that it has piqued my interest no matter how much the car is "look at me" or high maintenance.
Wait until they release the 750 LT and prices on the 720 S will drop some more.
Appreciate 1
vtknight966.50