View Single Post
      02-11-2019, 11:39 PM   #79
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
I've said as much in other posts; I think my 991.2 Turbo is the best stock all-rounder GT Car. I tracked my F10 M5 maybe 30+ times. I've tracked my turbo more then that. I'm quicker around the tracks I frequent (Road America, ABCC, Road Atlanta to name a few) in the Turbo.

Funny thing is, both the M5 and the Turbo are understated IMO. Both are very fast versions of "lesser" models in the range and to joe public, they couldn't tell either were special models.

Which brings me to the AM. IMO, Everyone would consider any AM a special car. Thus its appeal. For me personally, if im driving a car that "looks" fast, it better be fast. And fast by today's standards if its a late model car. Thus while I appreciate the AM styling, I'll pick performance over looks. And I realize that is completely subject perspective. 😎
I agree. Subjectively, what you want is what you want. I also agree that the Aston is a more beautiful and definitely "outspoken" car than the M5 - arguable more beautiful that the Porsche (but I am a huge Porsche fan). I am also a performance first person and tend not to buy flash. I have nothing against flash - but I am not ready to plunge into the uber price ranges of Aventadors and 720S's. Yet. I seriously considered the 720S - as it is literally the quickest and fastest car for the dollar and exotic pedigree available today - 9's and mid 140 MPH in the 1/4. That is insane for a stock car - especially an exotic.

Maybe one day - but for now - the Porsche fan in me - and the all round decathlete as Vic put it - one of the quickest and fastest cars out there (10.5 - 10.7 at 129-131 MPH) - consistently - and 205 MPH with the same road course capabilities as the GT3RS (at least 991.1 to 991.1) - while being a true GT car with refinement, luxury and long distance potential - makes it the overall winner. Which is why I am looking into this seriously.

Appreciate 0