02-07-2019, 12:06 PM   #71
GhostyM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: plenty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffscott1 View Post
After reading your bashing of the M5 I had to go back and look at some of your posts. Do you own a BMW?

First of all, you buy an M5 because it is a fast sedan that you can drive every day, that is the purpose of the car. You lose all credibility when you criticize a sedan that does the Nurburgring as fast as a 911s

The non competiton M5 did the Nurburgring @ 7:38.9 the Mustang GT was 8:07.000. the Cayman S was 7:46.7. Looks like the F90 is faster around a track than the cars you mentioned. Maybe you should check your facts. You claim to lease an Acura NSX which is 65k more than an M5 and was only 2 seconds faster around the Nurburgring than a non Comp M5, when they run the M5 Comp it will be faster than the NSX. You also claim to own an F type r which is 15 seconds slower than the "Grocery Getter" around Nurburgring, good choice of sports car.

Yes, I have owned multiple M cars.

"First of all, you buy an M5 because it is a fast sedan that you can drive every day, that is the purpose of the car."

I literally said that in the post you quoted.

"You lose all credibility when you criticize a sedan that does the Nurburgring as fast as a 911s"

Nurburgring? Seriously. If there a SINGLE track that benefits from 600hp, it's THAT track. Any "reasonable" track is slow for the M5.

You can see here: The F90 M5 is surrounded by Mustangs, Camaros, older Porsches, etc for lap times.

https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna-seca-post-1988
https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/autozeitung-test-track
https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/virgi...e-post-01-2014

You can look at those "laptimes" you care so much about to see that it's laptimes are quite literally nothing special.

Bashing an M5? How am I bashing it by stating complete facts? I said if I wanted performance AND form, I'd buy a 991 GT3 for 120-130k if that's my concern (which it isn't). The M5 is a comfy and fast but NOT track focused daily driver. How is that wrong?

"You claim to lease an Acura NSX which is 65k more than an M5 and was only 2 seconds faster around the Nurburgring than a non Comp M5, when they run the M5 Comp it will be faster than the NSX. You also claim to own an F type r which is 15 seconds slower than the "Grocery Getter" around Nurburgring, good choice of sports car."

What the hell does that matter? I buy what I like, not what YOU like LOL. An F-Type R is a different kind of car. An NSX is a different type of car. If I'm going to go "driving", those are a HELL of a lot more enjoyable drivers cars than an M5. I don't care that an F90 M5 is faster than a 997 GT3 around a track, because guess what, it will never drive the same way. My new addition does the ring much faster than an F90 M5, but I don't care.. you know why? Because I live in America and will not set foot on the track except once every few years for an hour on a European Delivery. Sorry, I don't care about laptimes on high speed tracks like you do buddy. I'd rather have a drivers car be a weekend car and a comfy grocery getter with a bit of power as my daily.

Last edited by GhostyM; 02-07-2019 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: Added track times
Appreciate 0