Thread: odd sounds
View Single Post
      09-05-2018, 07:25 PM   #15
Demon Barber
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5, 2022 911 Turbo S

These are all really good points you've brought up. When I was there trying to pick it up after the break in service, some 16 year old looking guy had my M5 in the air tinkering with it, and it was brutally apparent that not only was it the first time they've laid eyes on one, it was the first time they had ever even thought about it. They didn't know how much diff oil was needed for the front. Then I drive off and have horrible vibration. Turns out they torqued the lug bolts with an air wrench quickly, and one of the wheels was not seated on the hub. Took dropping off the car for a few days before they could look at it and figure out what happened. Apparently in the same time period, they loosened this stiffening plate and I developed all of this noise, and they told me todwy the bolts weren't torqued correctly on it. Doubt that was done at Dingolfing in Germany, but rather when the teenager was trying to gain access to my front diff several weeks ago. They will let anyone work on your 130k car. Be very afraid.
Appreciate 0