Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Not much we didn't know here already.

1. Rumored HP figures vascillated between 17 and 25 hp. Unfortunately it came down on the 17 hp side.

2. Torque appears to be the same figure (consistent with other recent comp packs), but with a "wider torque band"

3. Wheels aren't a slam dunk, but are an improvement. I can see them MAYBE looking great with a drop. But as pictured, I'm a little underwhelmed.

4. The obligatory black bits are here.

5. I think i prefer the base M5 rear apron compared to the wider comp pack apron that spans the entire back.

6. .1 seconds faster to 60 is impressive, but something tells me it will be more than .1 when they do real world instrumented tests.

7. BMW's roll out of this competition package is uniquely disappointing. Rather than wait til mid life cycle (like it has done in previous gens), or roll it out simultaneously with the release of the base M car - BMW released the Comp package just months after orders for the Base M opened, to the detriment of early adopters. They were neither given the option of buying comp package, or having the comfort of knowing their cars wouldn't be immediately become outdated. A very poorly thought out roll out. Or worse yet maybe not even "thought out" but the result of BMW's failure to meet internal deadlines.
No thanks needed.

It was 625hp on the bmw Germany website
It is 625 PS vs 600 PS for the standard car . I believe 625 PS is right at 617 BHP .
Appreciate 0