01-22-2018, 02:21 PM   #224
supersanj
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundo74 View Post
I never drove a zf8 that i liked. that said I haven't drove the one in the f85. i could never get that mechanical feel including gear backlash when decelerating with the ZFAT in manual mode.

but I'm the guy who still misses turbo lag and other oddities in cars. love the SCT in the aventedor. This month's Roundell asserts that you no longer need to use the paddles as the f90 zf8 will always be in the right gear so you can focus on getting the perfect lap speed. Fine if you drive on a track to get to work. I guess I just bemoan less involvement and refinement to the level of being bland.
I know what you mean 10000%. I still have my 6mt e46 M3 in the garage for that reason- I do have a soft spot for the involvement. That being said I think that the primary market for these cars are drivers that prioritize what the car does on paper and the comfort at the same degree. The F10 M5 being offered in manual fell on it's face. The community moaned and groaned, but at the end of the day the guys/gals cutting the checks went for DCT at the dealer. The second hand market can kick and scream all it wants but the sad reality is the person buying the M5 brand new is not always a driving fanatic.
Appreciate 1
mundo7465.00